#DIGITALDETOX : OCT 31 - NOV 1

11/02/2015


When I saw Estée Lalonde's new video , I realized I, unknowingly, had a pretty similar weekend. Although I did not force myself off my phone and laptop screen, I spent the majority of the time with human company, doing non-digital things. This was the first time in about a month I had nowhere to rush to, no midterms to study for, and no pressing errands to run. That being said, I took a desperately needed break. Not only did my phone batter last infinitely longer, it was genuinely refreshing. 

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31 


First stop was coffee. I'm pretty caffeine intolerant, but coffee is slowly become a morning staple for me (lol, college). This local one had a luscious cold brew.


Best way to keep me off my phone - shopping. At a store, where you can feel how itchy that sweater you wanted from the website really is.  




Stumbled upon this work in progress. Can we just take a look at how aesthetically pleasing this place is and will become? Also, a Korean woman cooked me a Philly cheesesteak and it was bomb.


SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1 


Woke up with the urge to go into the city. Since the clocks got turned back an hour, I was able to catch the streets during the slow, post-Halloween, morning. Here we have a New Orleans cold brew from Blue Bottle Coffee. Highly recommend, both for the taste and for the completely Instagrammable moment.





A little peak inside Anthropologie because drooling over things I want is an essential part of going to the city and also a very critical aspect of the holiday season (which we're in now, right?).



While I can't curb my love of shopping, I loved not obsessively refreshing my Twitter feed or checking my email for the day. Beyond the moments I captured, I shared home-cooked meals, music, and had meaningful conversation with people I love. And sometimes that's all you need.



All photos taken by me
Equipment: Canon S120, edited in Photos

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Loved your little detail shots of the markets and shops. You must have had a great weekend :) it's a good thing to stay away from our phones eh? I'm gonna have to give this a try. Especially since I'm using my phone like crazy for emails and work/study as of late.

    X Carina / Running White Horses

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM