FOODIE FRIDAY : MAGNOLIA BAKERY, NYC

10/02/2015

magnolia, bakery, new york, manhattan, midtown, dessert

It's been a while since we've talked food, so I thought we were due for a sweet, yummy comeback. On my last day in Manhattan, I went on a last minute hunt for the infamous Magnolia cupcakes. Although they had a stall in Grand Central Station, I knew I had to see the shop for the full experience. Since then, I have made it a personal mission to never leave New York without cupcakes (and Dough donuts, but that's another Foodie Friday all together). 

From the sight of the minty interiors of the shop to the cute packaging, I was instantly in love. Peering over the glass display, I finally understood what it meant to feel "like a kid in a candy shop". Everything looked straight out of a picture book. Like, you know how cartoon illustrations always have those perfectly iced cakes with the perfect amount of syrup dripping from the sides - this was exactly it, but in real life. 

Visual aesthetics aside, the cupcakes (I got vanilla and red velvet) were the most scrumptious cakes I've ever tasted. Now, if you were like me as a kid, you licked frosting off of cupcakes before eating the cake part by itself. Doing that with these would've been a huge mistake. Magnolia's cakes complemented their icings like a match made in cupcake heaven. Each bite seems to melt homogeneously inside your mouth. After tasting these, I definitely feel like I've gained a new appreciation for the art of cupcake consumption. 

Comment below with your favorite baked treat! 

new york city, magnolia bakery, cupcakes, interior, nyc

magnolia bakery, packaging, cupcakes,

cupcakes, magnolia, bakery, new york city

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. If only I lived in New York! This place looks so cute, I love cake so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this looks like such a cute place. I would love to visit (and eat allll the cake)

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this looks like such a perfect place! I would love to travel to New York one day it just looks like everything is straight out of the movies haha! Your photos are stunning! X

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM