PHOTO DIARY : A ROMANTIC AFFAIR

9/06/2015


I've never been an adventurous person. I freak out at the thought of going somewhere new by myself, and I never go anyway without some advance planning. This weekend, I surprised myself. I went on a walk in the neighborhood in the evening -a time I usually hate going out because of the fear of not having enough time before it got dark. In an effort to burn off the Pop-tarts I ate, I stumbled across this rose garden, nestled in the hills.

I'm a city girl at heart. I love fashion, buildings, and architecture, but as soon as I entered the garden, I felt instantly soothed. For the first time, I didn't feel self-conscious that I was the only party of one, or that there were flies buzzing around me. The scenery was ethereal. While there seemed to be a lack of roses, it gave me exactly what I needed after a long week.

"Though seasons change, 
The beauty of the Rose, vital and pure,
In the warm light of spring's morning,
Like the Sun, lives forever,
Eternally warming the hearts of us all."
- Thomas Wadsworth
(inscribed on a plaque in the garden)










[All photos taken on Canon S120, edited with Photos on Mac]

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. You must have had such a lovely time being one with yourself! Walks alone can sometimes be so healing for the mind (and body!) Perfect way to think about life, or not think at all!

    x Carina
    Blog || YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I went on a walk by myself that didn't involve an errand or anything. I should really do it more often when I get too stressed out!
      Thanks for reading girl ;)

      Delete
  2. Hello lovely, thank you for visiting my website at http://www.igaberry.com and a huge hug for taking time to write a comment! I adore reading them!

    I love gardens. I had a chance to visit Japanese Garden in San Francisco a few days ago. If you will ever be there give it a go! I actually would like to get married outdoors in a garden. "Secret Garden" wedding - totally up my street!

    I would love to connect with you on Bloglovin and Twitter here and here: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/igaberry-13323143 & https://twitter.com/igaberry1 Have a lovely day, Iga xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always drive by Golden Gate park but never been to the Japanese garden!! I should definitely make an effort to soon! Thanks for your comment and links. I've followed :)

      Delete
  3. Your photos are absolutely beautiful, and taking some time for you is so important, and it looks like the kind of place that is peaceful and calming, and it gives you a chance to be with your own thoughts!
    Love, Amie ❤

    The
    Curvaceous Vegan
    | Instagram | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg what a beautiful result from a one party walk. I never used to like going out by myself, but more recently have been enjoying my own company. The garden looks amazing, what a magical experience

    Lauren Nicole, www.fashionkiller.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. I really wish I could do more stuff on my own, I always intend to but then freak out or get too lazy. Maybe I'll try this weekend!

    Damzel In This Dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it feels! I always use the lazy excuse to stay home. I would love to know if you end up doing something fun! :)

      Delete
  6. i'm more of a city girl as well but this looks lovely :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blog and the photos!


    https://recklesslyfair.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a small piece taken from a wonderland!! Beautiful photographs!

    xo,
    www.notyourtypeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That garden is beautiful! I love the wooded path on the way there. I know what you mean, sometimes I get very attached to my routine, and don't really want to do anything out of the ordinary. It's nice to do something new once in a while though!

    Getting caught in the dark is one of my biggest fears. Everything just becomes so ominous when you can't clearly tell what it is!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM