TREAT YOURSELF : bareMinerals Complexion Rescue

6/01/2015


I hate lotions and sunscreens. I hate their textures in general and how sticky and slippery they feel on my hands and body. I only do it because I live in a dry place and I'm prone to eczema. I started using BB creams as an effort to do 2 things at once - apply makeup and stay moisturized. For these reasons, the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue has been a godsend. 

I've been debating whether to do this post for a while, but I wasn't sure how to add perspective to a pretty hyped product. I'm giving it a try now since I was in the mood to review something and this is probably my favorite thing in my collection at the moment. Ever since I purchased this bareMinerals Complexion Rescue tinted hydrating gel cream in the shade vanilla, I have not stop reaching for it.

FIRST IMPRESSION : 
I bought this without reading any reviews or seeing any ads about it since it had just been released in stores. I simply needed a new BB cream and I knew bareMinerals caters to mineral makeup people, which I am. It has great coverage for a tinted moisturizer. Although quite sheer and weightless, it visibly evens and brightens my skin tone and softens any redness. When I used this without finishing powder the first couple times, I got a bit oily by the end of the day, but with powder it hasn't been a problem.  

HOW I WEAR IT :
Depending on how dry I feel, I may or may not wear moisturizer underneath. Then, I apply a thin layer of the product with a Real Techniques expert face brush. On top, I conceal spots with Maybelline Fit Me concealer and powder with Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing pressed powder (the translucent shade). 

WHY I LIKE IT : 
It's a gel, which means it doesn't have the thick, lotion-like consistencies of other BB/CC creams, but feels cool against skin. I love how it doesn't feel like I'm lathering sunscreen on my face, but more like applying a silky, sheer foundation. This also makes it super easy to apply and blend across the face, since it's more fluid than a BB cream. The pigment in the product is not "cakey" in any way. When taking off my makeup at the end of the day, a lot of the product has been absorbed, so there's not a lot of residue. I love it when my face makeup does this because it feels like my skin is drinking up the moisture. 

A COUPLE CONS : 
A major selling point of this product is supposed to be its moisturizing power. However, since using it, I haven't really noticed any improvement in skin's dryness. This may be because it tends towards combination type than dry. I've continued using it anyway simply because I love how cool and silky it feels on my skin. The coverage is very decent but on my bad skin days I do wish it was a little bit more build-able. That being said, these cons would not deter me from repurchasing this product in any way. If you're a fan of BB creams and tinted moisturizers, this is definitely worth trying out! 

What tinted moisturizer should I try next?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It sounds very interesting. I've been wanting to try Bare Minerals products for sooo long now! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM