MLBB : A Nude Obsession

6/14/2015


When I first started wearing makeup, I avoided lipstick. For some reason, I always thought of it as something moms can't leave the house without, and that it only comes in highly pigmented, bold and intimidatingly red colors.  The only times I wore lipstick was because it was a requirement for stage performance, not by choice.

This past year, I started to visibly notice my anemia (iron deficiency), which I've had since I was a kid. As I started to experiment with makeup more, I realized the lack of color on my lips. They were washed out of my face - muted and an unhealthy, dry nude color. It was the epitome of a "My Lips But Better" (MLBB) crisis. This is when my obsession with nude lipstick began. While hunting for the perfect nude, I discovered that not all lipsticks are as pigmented as I had imagined, a soothing fact to someone who was terrified of red lips, and using a bold color once in a while might not be so scary.

Nonetheless, nude lipstick is still my favorite and an essential to my makeup bag. Since I prefer a bold eye look, I almost always opt for a nude lip. My current favorites are :

Too Faced La Crème || Naughty Nude
MAC || Velvet Teddy
Milano Color Statment || Nude Crème
Maybelline Color Sensation || Truffle Tease



What's your go-to MLBB? Comment below! :)





You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I have the Maybelline Lipstick in 'Coffee Craze' and I love it, the formula is so creamy :)

    Anjna Harish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Faced was more like a lip balm!! I might have to agree. I have the coral shade and it's so creamy, my lips feel amazing. I love the middle lipsticks.. I'd most likely wear those two colors

    Ayre

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love MAC Patisserie. Love the look of Velvet Teddy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My go to mlbb is NARS satin lip pencil in isola bella. It goes on so sheer but with just the right amount of color.

    xo Franchesca | City Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM