FOODIE FRIDAY : EASY ZUCCHINI STICKS

5/22/2015


I have been wanting to do something like this ever since I started my blog a couple months ago. I decided to start with something simple, as I am not a cook in any shape or form (the first time I made scrambled eggs was a little less than a year ago). The first time I made these zucchini sticks was when I was rummaging through the fridge in my college apartment and the only thing there was a couple of zucchinis. Sick of boiled vegetables and salads, I decided to add some flavor. Since I don't trust myself with experimenting in the kitchen, I adapted this super easy recipe from Damn Delicious. Hope you enjoy :) 


The ingredients are simple - zucchinis, parmesan cheese (preferably finely shredded or grated), and a choice of herbs. I used store-bought Italian seasoning (basil, thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary, and marjoram). You'll also need olive oil to grease the baking surface as well as for extra flavor.


Slice the zucchini as thinly or as thick as desired. I made "sticks" so that they are more bite-size. One thing I really want to try is a zucchini pizza, for which you would need thicker pieces.


After sprinkling on herbs, cheese, and olive oil, the zucchini goes into the oven (I used a toaster oven) for 15 minutes at 350*C. One thing I forgot until after is to add salt and pepper, so make sure to do that!


Let me know if you try these! 
Happy Friday!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I recently tried eating zucchini and i realised i LOVE it! (I use to think it would taste like cucumbers because looked so much like it. and since i didnt like cucumbers i just never thought to try it) This is such an easy snack but it looks so tasty with that melted cheese! Shall have to make it someday! :)

    x, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! it really doesn't taste like cucumbers now that i think about it. It's healthy too!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM