EMPTIES : Lancôme, Body Shop, Stila, and more

5/19/2015


As a study break today, I decided to clean out the drawer of makeup that's piled up this past year (mostly so that I can justify buying more after my finals). These aren't new products, obviously, or I wouldn't have used them up. So as a little throwback, here is what's worth mentioning...

Lancôme Hyponôse Drama Mascara : This was a gift with purchase I got a while back. I wish I could afford the full size because it is one of the best ones that work for my stick-straight and short lashes. It manages to hold my horrible lash curling jobs and also has the perfect wand for my bottom lashes -something that's hard to come by. I have definitely scraped out all that's left in the tube/hasn't dried up!

Stila Stay All Day Liquid liner : I bought this while it was the most-talked-about eyeliner. It was true to its claim - a trusty long-wearing and waterproof eyeliner. The felt tip of the brush does flake but only after a lot of wear. I have since moved on to the Kat Von D tattoo liner, which definitely has more precision, but I would come back and repurchase.

Body Shop All-in-One BB Cream : My first ever BB cream. I wore this probably everyday for about 4-5 months before it started to run out. It goes on white but then tints when rubbed onto your skin. Since I was shopping online without color-matching, I thought it was a safe bet. It has very sheer coverage but also very light-weight for a moisturizer. I remember really liking it as a "primer" for my translucent Physicians Formula pressed powder, but looking back I'm not sure it was the perfect color match (which doesn't matter because it was super sheer) nor my preferred coverage. I now use the Bare Mineral Complexion Rescue which is even lighter weight and more coverage ;)

Etude House Drawing Eyebrow : I picked this up at an Etude House boutique in Hong Kong. I am completely in love with the concept of this pencil - a chiseled tip with the spoolie brush - there is nothing else I need for my eyebrows. With the price of about $4, this pencil has lasted me almost a whole year. The shape of the tip makes filling in very quick and easy, especially since I am no pro at makeup. I repurchased this already in both dark brown (in the picture) and a charcoal grey.

Elf Eyeshadow Primer : I go through many tubes of this simply because I have not felt the need to splurge on a high end primer. Since everything I apply onto my eyes are always pretty waterproof/pigmented, everything tends to stay where it should. However, I am really careful about only applying this where I need it - since it will flake when it dries on your skin. For a dollar a piece, I really can't ask for more.

What's something you can't stop repurchasing? 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the elf primer too! Such a bargain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with my straight eyelashes. If I use a curler they will literally go back to being straight within a minute. I will definitely have a look out for the Lancome mascara and see if it works for me.

    DamzelInThisDress.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM