TREAT YOURSELF : Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner

4/03/2015


Once in a while, I venture into the realm of higher-end skincare products, and I treat myself. Now, I don't have "bad," or super problematic, skin. Naturally, I went through my zit-sy, pubescent phase, and now my skin has more or less settled down. However, I do get the occasional flare-up or two, which leaves stubborn blemishes and redness on my face. So I wasn't looking for anything that would heavily strip my skin (like a lot of acne treatment products), but rather something more soothing to it.

I decided to try a toner from the line simply because I was running low on my Neutrogena one, and it wasn't one I was particularly attached to/didn't do much to "improve" my skin. Toner is usually a neglected part of the skincare routine, but it was one of the first things I learned to use. Toner is an important part of my routine because not only does it restore the pH of my skin and reduce pores, it prevents break-outs. After seeing a few YouTubers talk about other Mario Badescu toners, I treated myself to the Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner. Although considered a high-end skincare product, it is really not crazy expensive considering that it is an 8oz bottle, which will probably last me the 6-8 months to a year.

After just a week of using this, I have already noticed a change in my skin. The initial redness has gone down, and the overall texture of my face has improved. My combination skin has always been really "patchy" from being both dry and oily. Without changing anything else in my routine except applying this twice a day, my whole face is feeling so much softer and smoother. It's not dramatic in the sense that people are coming up to touch my face, but it definitely feels better to me, and that is the only thing that really matters :)

The formula (basically: aloe vera, deionized water, and methylparaben) is cool and gentle. It feels like aloe vera would on a cut (big surprise there) and doesn't sting when applied. It is so refreshing to wake up to in the morning and also rejuvenating to end the day with. Overall, I am so glad I bought this, and I cannot wait to try more Mario Badescu skincare products!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM