PIECE OF ME : My braclets

4/08/2015


Jewelry is like tattoos. We all have those few pieces of jewelry that have become a part of us because we are always seen with them, whether it is a watch, a ring, or in my case, bracelets.
Subconsciously, we get so attached that when we aren't wearing them, we feel like a part of us is missing or incomplete. I'm not trying to be dramatic - my life has not been drastically altered and my fate turned around since I got these bracelets, but the point is that, I haven't taken them off since. It's not about what they are by themselves or what their value is, but rather about how they have become something I have with me everywhere and everyday. I don't notice when they are there, but it is loudly obvious when they are not.

These white gold/gold beaded bracelets were a gift from my aunt last winter. She took me to the shop to pick them out. Initially, I really loved the silver beads that slid around the chain, but I knew that gold jewelry suited my skin tone better, and I also tend to wear gold more often. I was so conflicted until the lady at the jewelry store showed me the gold one, which had very similar beads except with a slightly different finish. I loved both of them together so much that my aunt got me both. I have never been much of a bracelet person (I played piano when I was younger, so bracelets, rings, manicures - nope), but these are so simple enough to wear on a daily basis. I know it's a little badass to mix gold and silver, but that just means I can layer on gold/silver/rose gold jewelry without having to take these off. And if you know me, versatility is always a win.

Do you have pieces of jewelry you feel incomplete without? 


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. These are so sweet. I agree, I always feel lost without my watch on. I love dainty jewellery like this.
    Staple jewellery items are a must for, like you said, layering pieces on top of them!
    Estelle x - Let Me Go xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! they make me feel like a girl when i've got baggy sweats on :)

      Delete
  2. I love simplistic jewelry like this. My pieces I can't go without are a cross necklace my mom got me for my 16th birthday, my purity ring, and then a "wanderlust" ring. I NEVER take them off!!

    http://conkscanister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that's so sweet! i really want a ring to wear everyday but i haven't found "the one"! haha

      Delete
  3. Those bracelets are amazing. I have my Pandora bracelet and my dragonfly necklace that I wear everyday without fail. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! i'm glad i'm not the only who gets attached to my jewelry! :)

      Delete
  4. I love delicate pieces like these. These bracelets are beautiful.
    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love them so much <3

      Delete
  5. I love little dainty pieces like this! I always love it when people have those one or two pieces of jewelry that they always wear. I've always wanted to have something like that, but I always forget to put the piece of jewelry back on everyday! Right now, my fitbit and a hair band live on my wrist everyday haha
    untitled&unfinished

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM