TRACKLIST 1 : Kelly Clarkson, Eric Whitacre, and EDM

4/25/2015


I'm one of those people who will listen to a song on repeat until it has drilled a hole in my mind. I will play it, sing it, and dream it until it has been wiped clean from my head. That being said, I would never able to put together a real playlist, let alone tell people about the fact that I've been playing the same Taylor Swift song for the last 4 days. Here are 5 tracks I seem to can't get out of my head this month --------> 


Hobbie Stuart || FourFiveSeconds (cover)




Maison and Dragen || Nemesis 

This month, I have been obsessed with Hobbie Stuart's angelic falsetto. This particular cover is one that is continually stuck in my head, and I'm going to go ahead and say I prefer the style over the original Rihanna/Kanye/Paul McCartney version. The light feathery-ness of his voice is something not every artist can achieve no matter how trained they are. I know this because I used to sing in a choir, which explains the Eric Whitacre piece on the list. Eric Whitacre brings new meaning to choral music with Virtual Choir (something I really want to participate in some day). Watch a virtual choir come to life here. The Seal Lullaby has beautiful dissonance and a eerily beautiful melody. 

The list also pays tribute to one my favorite artists of all time -Kelly Clarkson. She never fails to deliver in everything she sings. Piece by Piece is a dedication to her husband, written about her father who walked out on her. The imagery in the lyrics gives me chills - All I remember is your back, walking towards the airport leaving us all in your past.  The lyrics remind me of Because of You, one of my all time favorites (both to listen and to karaoke). 

Finally, I have been getting into EDM, mostly because sometimes, when it's late at night and you need that little boost of energy, it could really get you going. Maison and Dragen are the one of the first artists I came across, and I enjoy most of their mixes. Nemesis, although electronic, has a very catchy melody with a brief piano solo. Of course, being the music geek I was, it made the list. 

What's are you listening to on repeat right now?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ed Sheeran's video for Thinking out loud is the best thing ever! And of course any song ever written by him is just as amazing.

    http://conkscanister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? His voice is the amazing :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love Thinking Out Loud and it will never get old, the dance in the music video is perfect! Also, I am loving Hobbie Stuarts covers at the moment as well. This is a great post lovely!
    Becky.x || www.beckybeablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Thinking Out Loud is def a song that grows on you!

      Delete
  3. I can totally agree that Kelly's songs are perfect for karaoke! Some of the artists you mentioned I do not listen to but since your recommend them, I will have a look! x

    www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never actually heard the hobbie stuart cover but i'll definitely be checking it out now! great post x

    http://the-dress-diaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you're not tired of Thinking Out Loud? I've heard it so many times now, I just laugh when I hear it haha. Lovely song but not again...xx
    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think i wasn't totally into it when it got popular - and then it grew on me! haha i feel that way about some of the other ones though, like 'sing' :/

      Delete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM