FOODIE FRIDAY : Sweet Basil, Foster City

4/09/2015

** this posted early on Bloglovin', so I guess it's just going to be a bit early! ** 

On this week's Foodie Friday, let's talk Thai food. Interestingly enough, when I visited Thailand years ago, I don't particularly remember trying any characteristic or traditional dishes. Back in the Bay Area is where I found my favorite Thai restaurant. Of course, once again, I am not here to judge the authenticity of the cuisine, but simply talk about something I love.


Sweet Basil, located in Foster City, looks like a cute, family-owned business from the outside, but a hip and modern hang-out inside, not to mention its amazing food presentations that look something out of a high-class restaurant. Despite its suburban location, it is the favorite lunch and dinner place of many. Not only the perfect place to hang out and have lunch with a friend, but even to celebrate a new milestone with your family over dinner. The food portions are large enough for sharing, with vegetarian options for most dishes. (Alternatively, if your party is exclusively vegetarian/vegan, you could go next door to Thai Idea, which I believe is an extension of Sweet Basil.)  With a reasonable price range, the restaurant has made itself classy, but affordable. It is a must-visit every time I am in town!

                  What's Good

Pad Thai  
Wings of Love
Thai Iced Tea
Crab Cakes (shown above)
Roasted Duck Curry (shown below)
Pineapple Fried Rice (shown below)

...

What Thai dish is your favorite? 




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. The meals look amazing! Much love, Sjoukje
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm that food looks absolutely amazing!
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmmmmmmmmmy
    Gosh... I just ate but I am hungry again after seeing this
    loving this post xx
    Dana | http://booquepress.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Twitter

INSTAGRAM